HR Help by Payroll People provides HR services and online materials, including summaries of federal and state law, certified harassment training materials, step-by-step procedures for HR tasks, and more. Contact us at 888-380-1869 or email us to learn more or enroll now.
Pandemic Declared Over, but Employers Still Have Obligations
President Biden declared the COVID pandemic is over, the Centers for Disease Control relaxed COVID recommendations, and many states have done away with mask and vaccine mandates. But if you think this means your business doesn’t have to take any precautions to protect employees from COVID in the workplace, you’re dead wrong and it could cost you big time. With cold and flu season around the corner, COVID cases are bound to rise. Are you ready? Read more.
MYTH: Employees who are paid salary don’t get overtime.
Employment Law Updates
- Illinois: Changes to Day of Rest and Meal Break Requirements for All Employers
- Massachusetts: Paid Family and Medical Leave Changes
- Massachusetts: Retail Worker Premium Pay for Sundays and Holidays Ends
- New York: Paid Family Leave for Siblings
- Oregon: Paid Family and Medical Leave Notice and Contributions Begin
- Rhode Island: Must Read – Expansive Pay Equity Law Coming January 1
- Tennessee: More Employers Required to Use E-Verify